Monday, May 4, 2020

It’s been a quiet week in Cuddle

As I sit here in front of the layout. I can’t help feeling a little disappointed with the progress this week.
A little disappointed with progress
Perhaps I was getting ahead of myself expecting more.
I certainly had envisioned the small building being clad with stone by now. But I messed about with the height of it, trying to give enough clearance over the locomotives and stock that would pass through the doorway. This building’s height then affects the larger one.  Even now there’s a nagging voice in the back of my mind saying.
“Just make it a quarter of an inch shorter”.
The larger building I do feel really happy with. It seems to be big enough and imposing enough to dominate things. So the shell for it proceeded at speed. The chimney stack standing 1 foot tall looks just about right, and I was really excited to get the embossed brick on the top third of it. Perhaps this will be the first part of the layout to get the stone cladding.
One foot tall and really pleasing to me.
Just in front of the man in the yellow coat, you can see the new addition. What will be a section of disused track. Perhaps it will lead into a disused mine level. As this will likely be buried under mud and ballast the suggestion of the feature will probably be enough, and this constructional photo below will be the closest you’ll ever get to it.
Disused pointwork cruel close up
All it entailed was butting one piece of track up to the other having bent it around a fierce curve. Then cutting, trimming and extending the On30 crazy track sleepers to look like longer pointwork timbers.
Another view of the layout progress, now it doesn’t seem so bad
As I take another look, then perhaps it isn’t all bad. The tipper is in there, there’s a loading dock too. Dare we hope to see stonework next week?
Thanks for checking things out and stay safe and healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anyone fancy a little Cuddle.. (report that is)

It's been about three weeks since the last layout progress report, so I thought it was about time for some kind of update from my workro...