Sunday, June 7, 2020

A little report.

It's been a quiet couple of weeks in Cuddle. As I had passed the task of painting the stonework over to my wife, I felt in a little of a void. So my mind began to wander a bit. I gave new life to one of my old blogs, which may, or may not, result in another layout in the future.
Once I got my focus back, I painted and weathered the brick portion of the chimney stack on the main building. Not a task I enjoy, that's why I passed the painting of the stonework over to my wife, who seems to get great pleasure from it. But I think the end result is quite OK.
Painted and weathered brick chimney stack. The cruel eye of the camera makes me realise it isn't finished.
In other news, the Shapeways kits of the tipper skip wagons designed by TeeBee models arrived in the mail, and they look outstanding. No two ways, about it they look excellent. Nicely detailed, and once you put a set of wheels in them, very smooth running indeed. Being 3D printed they are quite light. But it should be easy to add weight to them, given how deep the tipper body is.
TeeBee Shapeways skip. Excellent quality
So, there we are. Not much going on. But we are getting into the summer now, and here in Minnesota it's a time when you can always find something to do outside.
With that, I'm afraid I must close, as the grass needs cutting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anyone fancy a little Cuddle.. (report that is)

It's been about three weeks since the last layout progress report, so I thought it was about time for some kind of update from my workro...